I’ve also started a couple of amigurumi toys for the girls using oddments of DK yarn, and completed a few more sock yarn squares. I’ve been thinking about how to edge and join them together. I was thinking of joining them in either cream or black, but I’ve actually decided on a charcoal grey colour (I had to break my no new yarn rule to buy some charcoal yarn as I didn’t have any in my stash)
I’ve been playing about with different joining methods and I’ve decided to go with slip stitching them together through the back loop with right sides facing.
I crocheted so much this week that my wrist started to ache so I decided to do a bit knitting to give my wrists a rest. I’ve started a new pair of socks. These are going to be simple stocking stitch with a 1×1 rib. I’m using some yarn I dyed a while ago with food colouring.
The reds and oranges are actually a bit more vibrant in real life. My daughter Carmen thinks that the colour is reminiscent of Red (sun dried tomato) Pesto, so I have named them my Red Pesto socks.